i need an answer


Moderator: Daniel

i need an answer

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:53 am

hi , i want to have the italian passport , i live in kuwait i have no relative in italy , but i like the italian football team thats why i choosed italy to be fair with you .. please help .. im medical student in egypt ive finished my 4th year ,, and i have all the paper to approve that please help me .. waiting you answer

Mohammad Alghadban

Postby Em » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:39 pm

I've got to say that a passion for football is not the best way to choose a country in which you wish to live.

That being said, if you do want to live in Italy and there is no way you can claim citizenship, you will have to apply for a visa permitting an extended stay. Working in Italy is exceptionally difficult for non-Italian or non-EU citizens, and a medical degree will not be much help in Italy unless you can obtain medical certification there.

You will need, of course, to demonstrate that your medical training is comparable to medical training in Italy and also be able to pass the certification tests in the Italian language. If you are not fluent, this may prove to be a problem.

You have asked this question in two threads, so I will post this reply in the other as well.
User avatar
Posts: 3028
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:57 am

that make since

Postby Anonymous » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:48 pm

So u mean i should live in itally , or i can complete my studying there if i pass the tests the minestry give me ,, thats logic ... ok and can i move and make my immigration papers and live there in italy and in the same time i study in egypt , and i will be in italy in my vacations ?? ...

Postby Em » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:39 pm

No, I'm sorry, but I think you misunderstand. You can't just one day say, "I think I'll live in Italy." Your passport allows you to stay in the country as a tourist for up to three months. If you stay beyond that time, you become an "illegal," and that only increases the difficulty of your ever practicing medicine in that country.

Unfortunately, it's very difficult for a non-European to get permission for an extended stay in Italy. One way you can do so is by being accepted at an Italian school (medical school in your case). If you are accepted, you can get permission to live in Italy for study purposes. Once the program is complete, however, you will have to find a different way to stay there.

You cannot work in Italy by simply applying for a job. You will have to find a company (or hospital) that is willing to sponsor you. However, I don't want you to get the impression that this is easy. Jobs go first to Italians, then to EU citizens. Those of us outside these areas are often out of luck.

There is another issue as well. How well do you know the Italian language? All medical programs are in Italian and the testing is oral (also in Italian). The medical certification exams are also in Italian. If you don't speak the language well, you won't survive.

So, step one--learn Italian well. Step two--apply to medical school in Italy. Step three--do exceptionally well so that you can pass the certifying exams, and get a hospital to sponsor you.

I wish I could offer you an easier path, but I can't think of one.
User avatar
Posts: 3028
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:57 am

Re: i need an answer

Postby Monica » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:16 am

if you qualify for citizenship as we all seem to, and you stay there too long and become illegal will you lose your right to get it?
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: i need an answer

Postby Tiffany » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:04 am

[MOD EDIT: Please read the original post]
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:21 pm

Return to Italian Genealogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest