Family Tree

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Family Tree

Postby Pete » Thu May 12, 2005 7:37 pm

Does your company help with a geneology search? I don't know where to begin to trace my line to my italian ancestors.

thanks,
Pete
Pete

Site

Postby Giovanni » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:50 pm

Pete,

I do not work for myitaliancitizenship.com but I have done business with them and they are very helpful. They obtained my grandparents birth and marriage certificates for me. It is helpful if you have some idea of the year of their birth. Also, a good place to start is in the mormon family history library; just type "mormon family history library" in a search engine and it will give you a site to go to. You can order the microfilm on certain communes and find the dates that you need; then you can try to get the certificates through this site. The microfilm is in Italian but you can look for the names. I don't know any Italian and that is how I got the dates for my grandparents.

Good Luck,

Giovanni
Giovanni

european ancestors

Postby iceland69 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:59 pm

I have been doing research of my genealogical tree for the last four months, and even though I have been able to find out a lot of information, I am still missing some very important facts. MY great greatgranfather was a Spanish opera singer who moved to Italy around 1882. His name was Giuseppe Mendioroz. He had two children with Agnes Steel, who my family believes was either Austrian or English. Their older daughter was Valentina Mendioroz, who also was a famous opera singer. I know for a fact that they all died in Italy and are buried in a Milanese cemetery. However, I do not know which one. I have tried to investigate more but I have not been able to do so. Giuseppe died in 1903 and I believed Valentina died around the 1930's. What should I do in order to get more information.

Thank You.
iceland69

Postby Em » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:13 am

May I suggest that those of you with a particular interest in Italian genealogy, visit

www.italiangenealogy.com

The forum members are experts and can guide you in your research.
Em

Re: european ancestors

Postby rmendioroz » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:23 pm

iceland69 wrote:I have been doing research of my genealogical tree for the last four months, and even though I have been able to find out a lot of information, I am still missing some very important facts. MY great greatgranfather was a Spanish opera singer who moved to Italy around 1882. His name was Giuseppe Mendioroz. He had two children with Agnes Steel, who my family believes was either Austrian or English. Their older daughter was Valentina Mendioroz, who also was a famous opera singer. I know for a fact that they all died in Italy and are buried in a Milanese cemetery. However, I do not know which one. I have tried to investigate more but I have not been able to do so. Giuseppe died in 1903 and I believed Valentina died around the 1930's. What should I do in order to get more information.

Thank You.

Dear "Iceland 69":

I am also related to Giuseppe Mendioroz. He is my great-great grandfather. His son, Jose Luciano Mendioroz, immigrated to Nicaragua, where my grandfather (Jose Luciano's son), Rodolfo Luciano Mendioroz was born. My grandfather Rodolfo immigrated to the United States, where my father. Rudolph Joseph Mendioroz was born (in San Francisco).

Papa Giuseppe (as my family calls him) was born Jose Ignacio Mendioroz 1 February 1837 in Pamplona, Navarra, Spain. He died 24 July 1903 in Milan, Italy and is buried in the Cimetero Monumentale di Milano (Milan's Monumental Cemetery).

Please contact me by E-mail or phone so we can compare notes and research this line together. Here is my contact information:

Randy Mendioroz
732 Cypress Hills Drive
Encinitas, CA 92024 (USA)
(760) 942-5810 (home telephone)
(760) 685-0781 (mobile telephone)
randmend@cox.net (E-mail)
rmendioroz

Return to Italian Genealogy