Moving..help

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Moving..help

Postby Gia624 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:14 pm

Hello everyone! I was just wondering if anyone knew what you have to prove to get a long stay/residence visa for italy. I am young and do not have that much money to prove... Could i get this type of visa if i already have somewhere to live, and a host? My host is a Italian citizen... who i will be joining..I want to apply for residency but im not sure what type of visa to ask for.. anyone have any advice? Thank you so much!
Gia624

Postby Em » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:37 am

You may want to visit www.expatsinitaly.com The people there have already "been there; done that," so they will probably be able to help you.
Em

Postby jpp888 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:22 am

I would contact the consulate directly and ask them. In general though you need a reason to be in Italy (work, study, etc.). Not just going because you fancy it. Then you have to prove you can support yourself during the stay and that you wont be using any government funds. Although i didnt see it on the list from the website above I can imagine you must prove you have health insurance.
jpp888

because you fancy it...

Postby cinzia » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:35 pm

jpp888 wrote:I would contact the consulate directly and ask them. In general though you need a reason to be in Italy (work, study, etc.). Not just going because you fancy it. Then you have to prove you can support yourself during the stay and that you wont be using any government funds. Although i didnt see it on the list from the website above I can imagine you must prove you have health insurance.

Actually there is a visa specifically for the person who "just fancies" Italy. It is for "elective residency" and does require proof of economic self-sufficiency and health insurance.
cinzia

Return to Living and Working in Italy