Plz help me....its really killing me..


Moderator: Daniel

Plz help me....its really killing me..

Postby kurukadil » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:19 pm

I have indefinet resident permit in italy.I want to go to UK for work.Is there any law that i can go to uk for work like europian citizen? or is there any special law for me? Plz replay me with a details for me ......
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:53 pm

Re: Plz help me....its really killing me..

Postby EU Ahoy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:54 am

You need to be an actual EU citizen to be able to freely move to the UK. If you move right now you will be at step one as a new alien in the UK. I have lived on and off in the UK for several years and your best bet for emigrating there would be to get a tier-1 visa which covers entrepreneurs and general migrants (and would allow you to stay for about 2-3 years), or a tier 2 visa (skilled labor). After you have stayed in the UK for five years legally you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, after which you could apply to be a citizen (six years overall). Though I do not know anything about Italian residency visas, I would guess that your visa status in Italy isn't really relevant. Naturally, you should really consult a UK immigration lawyer and everything you read on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt :D

Hope it works out for you.
EU Ahoy
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:26 pm

Return to Living and Working in Italy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest