working holiday advice.

General.

Moderator: Daniel

working holiday advice.

Postby leelaa » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:01 pm

Hello everyone,
My bf is canadian and is going to ital on a working holiday visa, i am going with him as i am an eu citizen and so as i understand it can live and work in italy. We are landing in mila and want to live initially in montorosso or anywhere in cinque terre, however we have looked everywhere on the internet and cannot find any jobs there or any rooms for rent (apart from holiday homes). We would like to move around italy, but initially we would like to stay in cinque terre.
Can anybody please tell me wether we are making the right choice moving to that area? there are alot of torists so i imagine it would be easy to find a job. Are there any better areas you could recomend close by to get a job or room in? We would also like to go to bologna, however i have been told there arent many english speaking people. We want to learn itallian, but also want to go somewhere where it is relitavley easy to get started, could you recommend anywhere close to these areas, or in liguria?..any information or help would be appriciated, we just dont know where to begin..
leelaa

Re: working holiday advice.

Postby peggymckee » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:19 pm

leelaa wrote:My bf is canadian and is going to ital on a working holiday visa, i am going with him as i am an eu citizen
What work will BF be doing?

I can't speak from personal experience--however my Italian teacher says that her Italian nieces and nephews (in their 20s) cannot find work even though college educated and that the employment situation in Italy isn't good.

All the best, Peggy M
peggymckee

Postby leelaa » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:26 pm

well there are plenty of people who travel to italy on working holiday visas each year without any problems. Cinqe terre is full of resteraunts and bars so it shouldnt be too difficult, ijust need some advice if thats ok?
leelaa

Postby peggymckee » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:10 pm

leelaa wrote:people who travel to italy on working holiday visas
I'm in the US and have never heard of this kind of Visa--maybe it's something specifically Canadian. If not, I'm sure others on this board would be very interested as many want to live in Italy but don't have working papers. Please tell us more about it. All the best, Peggy M
peggymckee

Return to Living and Working in Italy