living and working in italy for purpose of citizenship

General.

Moderator: Daniel

living and working in italy for purpose of citizenship

Postby elysee » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi my mother is Italian, but was of course naturalised before i was born, as were her parents. I have read in order to gain my italian citizenship I hae to reside in italy for three years. SO I want to know, do I need a special visa to reside before I arrve in Italy, or do I just ask for a permesso soggiorno once arriving, also are there different categories of permesso soggiorno, for example, residing for work, or residing for purposes of obtaining citizenship. Also is there criteria to meet to be able to obtain the permesso soggiorno, eg. A certain amount of money, permanent residence? I am hoping to leave asap and am totally confused and indesperate need of assistance
HElP PLEASE
elysee

Postby Pagliari » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:13 pm

I am not an expert but I believe that if you intend to stay in Italy for more than three months at a time, you must have a visa. I also think I recall hearing somewhere that you must either already have a job lined up (to get a work visa) or schooling set up (to get a student visa). Those are the only visas that I am aware of.
Pagliari

Return to Living and Working in Italy