Working in Italy/EU

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Re: Working in Italy/EU

Postby piccola_pampina » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:54 pm

zagnut wrote: maybe they'll re-open the flussi.

Oh yes, I forgot to add something about that. Thanks for reminding me unknowingly, zagnut. When I had been looking for a job, they stated that usually i flussi occur in December. For those who don't know what flussi are -- it's when they allow a large amount of visas in a given time period. I think the other time they do it is in April (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and I had just missed it, not knowing that they had them. Anyway, officials from one of the local immigration offices told my boyfriend that they might not have the one in December. The government had still not decided. However, they were suspecting that the government would most likely not allow it. If given one in December, you would not be able to enter Italy on a work visa until June of next year! That is just crazy because what employer is going to wait 6 months for his employee to come?
piccola_pampina

Re: Re:

Postby piccola_pampina » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:58 pm

Nicola wrote:Is this different in the US? In Canada you'll find many types of courses taught without a doctorate. Undergrad accounting is often taught this way . Usually the teacher is a CA [US CPA]. Working lawyers often teach business "law".

I know for certain that most universities hire professors, who hold doctorates. Any teachers I've had who did not yet have their doctorates were in the process of receiving one -- meaning in a doctorate program. They taught classes when they were not working on their own schooling. This also is happening at a very well known university on the East coast, and has a good rep.
piccola_pampina

Previous

Return to Living and Working in Italy