Applying for residency

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Applying for residency

Postby vlsb35 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:43 am

I purchased an apartment in Italy last year. My broker says that I have to apply for residency before 18 months after I closed on my property.
I am not sure where exactly i have to go to get this permit? or is it a residency permit?
Some say i have to go to the local office in my city others say to start the process at the Italian Consulate in NY where I am currently living.
Does anyone know what I have to do?
vlsb35

applying for residency

Postby laura » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:10 pm

I applied for residency at the local office in Italy. I don't know how it works when you buy property. I was there on a student visa and was renting a place. I had to show them my permesso di soggiorno that I got from the Questura, and then officials came to my apartment to make sure I lived there.

Hope that helps.
laura

Huh?

Postby Anonymous » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:08 am

Why in the world would you say that?!
Anonymous

Re: Applying for residency

Postby syed » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:41 am

Hi.

Hope you are fine . this is for kind information that I like to apply permanent resident in Italy. I have lot of technical work Experience and business experience in Australia and Bangladesh. I have skilled work experience. I tow diploma in Technical course .i have 4. year 8 month Australian skilled work experience. I have finished certificate of Proficiency , Australian ,Department of Education and training .(The commissioner for vocational training )5oct 2002.i am Electronics good’s repair working Experience About 10 years. Can I apply permanent resident in Italy.
Could you conform for me please .thanks very much. Syed kamruzzaman
syed

Apply for residency

Postby syed » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:53 am

Hi.

Hope you are fine . this is for kind information that I like to apply permanent resident in Italy. I have lot of technical work Experience and business experience in Australia and Bangladesh. I have skilled work experience. i have tow diploma in Technical course .i have 4. year 8 month Australian skilled work experience. I have finished certificate of Proficiency , Australian ,Department of Education and training .(The commissioner for vocational training )5oct 2002.i am Electronics good’s repair working Experience About 10 years. Can I apply permanent resident in Italy.
Could you conform for me please my Email Address _skzaman2001@yahoo.com.au tanks very much. Syed kamruzzaman
syed

Postby italybr » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:13 pm

Laura is correct. After obtaining your PdiS at the Questura, which I assume you have if you bought property go tho the Anagrafe office at your local comune to apply for residency. They will send a police officer to your house to verify that you live there. If you are in NY, as you say, you may be able to arrange with a local (maybe your broker) to tell the police that you actually do live there. Then you wait for the office to complete process. We have just waited 4 months for our residency in Verona.

Take a look at a great web site for ExPats
http://expattalk.com/

They offer great advice on all thing Italian
italybr

Postby italybr » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:38 pm

Angiolo: I don't understand your rudeness. Why are you so angry?

If you had read my message you would have noticed that I said "after getting you PdiS at the questura" you then go to the anagrafe office. which is in fact correct information. I did assume that the questioner had already gotten aPdiS. I guess you don't allow assuming on your web site.

I do know that on the http://expattalk.com site a rude response such as yours would be removed.

I have never read an lies on the site, mistakes yes.
italybr

Postby italybr » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:24 pm

Angiolo & GabrielleAM
You two guys are laughable. When I look at your signatures one of you is in Chicago and one in Philadelphia. The last time I looked at a map neither are in Italy. Look at my signature I am in Verona and have been living in Itlay for the past 18 months.

I don't know how you were raise but in my home if you called someone an animal that was considerd rude. I learned before starting school that name calling was ill-mannered and RUDE.

Now to your knowledge. You must have a visa to extend your stay beyond 90 days this is true BUT you cannot get Residenza without a permesso di soggiorno. Permesso di soggiorno is required and can only be obtained at the Questura. I have gone through this process twice to be able to stay her for the two years I plan on living in Italy. I will probably go through the process of renewing my PdiS a third time (this time for 2 years) just before we return to the states. If only to give me the option of returning for a long period of time, f I so choose.

Do some research before you rant!!!!
italybr

Never Mind

Postby italybr » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:12 pm

Angiolo: :?: Never mind! I just looked through the history of your posts and I am fairly sure there is something that is keeping you from learning the facts. At least two people have kindly quoted chapter and verse for you they have even spelled it out for you. But, still, you are repeating the same misinformation they proved wrong.
Do you refuse to learn or is it impossible for you to do so :?:

I will never return to this site again so you need not waste any of your limited mental capacity on ranting a reply.

I am sorry that ill mannered people like you are making what could otherwise be a useful website so unpleasent.
italybr

Return to Living and Working in Italy