PAYPAL

General.

Moderator: Daniel

PAYPAL

Postby JR22 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:04 pm

Hi, I am trying to order birth and marriage documents through ICGS and I have a quick question…

The site says that I may pay via Paypal, but that I do not need to sign up for a Paypal account. Yet when I click through to pay via credit card the only options are create Paypal account or log in.

I do not want to create a Paypal account. I loathe Paypal.

Am I doing something wrong?
JR22

Postby EUjoy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:51 pm

^^ um ..... please explain! I'm waiting on 2 documents from ICGS myself. I emailed about an update after 4 weeks and got a reply within 2 days, just saying they didn't know anything yet. Understandable as I know I was asking early. But I'd like to know what happened with your situation, niciop !!
EUjoy

Postby Daniel » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:25 pm

JR22: Don't worry, you aren't crazy. The instructions on that page haven't been changed since the company switched hands, so it was assumed that everything was legit. But no, apparently it's true, you do need to register to use Paypal, thanks for pointing that out (it's never been a problem before!). I believe you can pay via cheque or money order, although I won't be able to have the details sent to you until Monday.

Cheers,

Daniel
ICGS Forum Administrator
Daniel
Site Admin

Postby JR22 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:33 pm

Thanks for the response... I guess I'll just use PP... Probably less of a hassle than wiring.
JR22

The company is legit

Postby drovedo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:40 pm

The company who runs this site is legit. It has just has had to adapt to changing owners,staff, and new internet service. I've used the service to get certificates and one must understand that Italy is notorious for red tape. Alot of time may be necessary for communication with Italian officials.

Italian officials are by law supposed to respond to inquiries within two weeks. Most of the time they don't. Thus, you have to keep on pressing. For someone who doesn't want to deal with the hassle and time, using this company's services is worthwhile. They are probably the most reasonably priced as well.

Good Luck!
drovedo

Return to Miscellaneous