Made my appointment

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Made my appointment

Postby Carl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:06 pm

That's it. I made my appointment with the NYC Consulate. In October I'll sit down with them, pull out all this paperwork I've accumulated and should end up Italian.

We'll see.
Carl

Re: Made my appointment

Postby Em » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:02 pm

You are fortunate to have so short a wait period. Best of luck.
Em

Postby Carl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:45 am

So what happens? You walk in on time, sit down and start pulling out papers? I'm an organized guy so I bought a stack of manila envelopes and as I am going with category #5 and as there are 14 requirements in that category I printed out the requirements and numbered the first envelope #1, then #2, right through #14. In each envelope is the corresponding document. I will have translations and apostilles as required and the "application" all filled out.

How long is an interview if you clearly fit the bill and are this organized? What questions are asked?
Carl

Postby bluejayway » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi Carl,

How did you make out? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have an appointment in February. I will be applying through my mother's father. I have his naturalization papers with notary. I have his birth and marriage certificates, the latter with seal. I also have my mother’s birth and marriage certificates with seal and my birth and marriage with seal. I was unable to obtain my grandfather’s death certificate, as no one knows where in Italy he died.
Does my wife need her birth certificate with seal and do my children have to be present to get their citizenship? Thank you for any answers or advice.
Larry
bluejayway

Return to Miscellaneous