Question about Consulates

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Question about Consulates

Postby jdcaro55 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:31 pm

I have a quick question regarding my situation and was wondering if we have some people in this forum who might know about it. I was born in Peru and moved to the US almost 9 years ago, I just submitted my application for recognition of the Italian citizenship via Jure Sanguinis to the consulate in SF. My issue is that I have some documents that are from Peru, which have been translated, and certified by the Italian Embassy in Peru, and some from the US like my green card and such. My question is if anyone has dealt with this type of situation where they had documents coming from 2 different countries, and if it took more time for the process. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jose
jdcaro55

Re: Question about Consulates

Postby tonyric » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:54 am

I have documents from Japan in my packet, but will not see the Boston Consulate for another 2.5 weeks so I cannot answer your question. But, at http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.org/index.php (which is curently down but will be back up soon) a member from the US living in Japan has completed his paperwork there and might be able to help. His board name is malcom.
tonyric

Postby jdcaro55 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:38 am

thanks for the info tonyric, I would try to get a hold of malcom. I was a little bit confused since all of my documents from Peru were certified by the Italian Embassy there, so I dont know if Mrs Stone would send the documents back to them for verification or what? I've heard that the Italian Embassy in Peru takes a long time. Anyways I wish you the best with your appt.
jdcaro55

Postby tonyric » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:43 am

Thanks, I have the same question you do. Mine have been certified by the Italian Embassy in Tokyo (which thankfully is fast and efficient) and I am not sure if Boston will send it off for yet another certification or be fine with the one already done. I will try to remember to reply to you when I ask them at my meeting on the 16th.
tonyric

Postby azsumrg1rl » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:59 pm

His name is actually malcolm. (Notice the second "l")
I regularly misspelled his username, and he politely corrected me.
At least now I know. ;-)
azsumrg1rl

Postby tonyric » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:53 pm

HAHA I knew when I typed it, that it didn't look right, thanks for the correction. :)
tonyric

Postby jdcaro55 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:04 am

yeah dont forget to reply after the interview and tell us how it went, the best of luck for you!
jdcaro55

Return to Miscellaneous