Anyone from San Francisco?

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Anyone from San Francisco?

Postby elle99 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:04 pm

Hello,

I'm just starting the process in the San Francisco area, and was wondering if anyone who is finished, or nearly there, would be willing to correspond here or even meet for coffee. With all of the conflicting information regarding jurisdictions, I am am very eager to speak with another San Franciscan. I live in North Beach, but work in ****.

About me: married female, sane, likes baking, books, and travel, not a stalker.

:) Ellana
elle99

Re: Anyone from San Francisco?

Postby azsumrg1rl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:47 pm

You may also want to try posting at http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.org. If memory serves me correctly, there are several current and former SF applicants participating in that forum.
azsumrg1rl

Postby diestadt » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:25 pm

Ellana,

I can say that considering the wait time for an appointment at the SF consulate is somewhere around two years, I'd sign up now for your consulate appointment before you have all of your documentation. I currently live in LA and decided to apply through consulate here given a much shorter appointment window (2-3 months) and a processing of the application within 8 - 12 months. I acquired all of my documentation first, not realizing the potential wait time just for a consular appointment. My application was a Cat 5, paternal great grandfather, and acquiring all my U.S. related documents were really easy given that I knew the respective dates and names and that all info obtained was from SF or SJ. The whole process took me roughly a year. The only challenge was tracking down the Italian birth certificates for my great grandparents. At first I paid ICGS to obtain them, but they were not able to find any them. So I just went to the comuni and obtained them in person. I'm not sure how successful you may find it to write the respective comune, but the cost to obtain a certified birth certificate is around 1 euro. Other than provide a user forum to discuss experiences with the process, using paid services are really a waste of money in my opinion. Hope that helps.

Ross
diestadt

Postby magendim » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:11 am

Hi Ellana,

My sister and I applied in SF last year, so hoping to have the "letter" in hand within the next few months. I live in the bay area and would be happy to give you advice, etc. I'll shoot you a PM with my direct email address.

Mike
magendim

Postby jamato » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi Ellana-- Happy to meet with you (just got my citizenship) in SF. Always looking for an excuse to go to North Beach! PM me if you still have questions. Jamato
jamato

Return to Miscellaneous