Father just obtained citizenship - what do I need to do?

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Father just obtained citizenship - what do I need to do?

Postby Orange » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:08 pm

My father just obtained his Italian citizenship using the bloodline through his grandfather. He has all the documents or at least copies of the documents he used. Now I want to apply and have already set an appointment. The person working with him at the consulate told him that once he is a citizen then I would only need to have his information to apply. But I am not a minor child, I'm an adult. The way I read the information on the consulate website is that I have to apply from scratch obtaining all the documents through my great grandfather. Has anyone had experience with this? Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Orange

Re: Father just obtained citizenship - what do I need to do?

Postby azsumrg1rl » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:08 pm

It depends. Are you applying through the same consulate as your father or a different one? Typically, you can get your documents (birth, marriage, minor children births, divorce) and reference your father's file for the rest. Since I've read a few reports that not all consulates follow this procedure (most seem to), I suggest emailing the consulate through which you plan to apply to get specifics.
azsumrg1rl

Return to Miscellaneous