IMPORTANT new citizenship law will require Italian test

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Postby Em » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:41 pm

"Em" is just fine. :lol: Thanks for the compliment, but I only discovered this accidentally; nothing smart about it. Ok, if you like, you can call me Lt. Colombo.
Em

Postby Muddoni » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:24 pm

Nice reading you all.
The other post quoted by Em was by my cousin who also really enjoys this website and has been sharing my account. He was referring to me and another friend when speaking about 'lawyers'.
Sorry if this confused you. If there's a rule against multiple use of one account I apologize. But I really don't want to mislead or bother anyone. I hardly ever have the time to follow this forum, but I thought it was a nice idea to direct you to the official government website as you seemed to be interested in italian politics and media for your discussion. If you're not interested, I am sorry to have bothered you. Just thought this was important, as I make a living with Italian politics and law. I might be biased..

By the way you keep forgetting the most important part in the Government program:

"...now we are working, incorportating different political perspectives, on an hypothesis that I think merits to be explored in depth. That is, to subordinate such recognition to basic knowledge of Italian."

(from the webpage of the ministry of foreign affairs)

'Recognition' refers in Italian to the jure sanguinis method.

Keep it up with your Italian studies and viva l' italia to you all!

PS For Angiolo: ma quella boccuccia che possiedi non sarebbe meglio riempirla delle tue stesse olezzanti deiezioni? That would be fun!
Muddoni

Postby Em » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:15 pm

I apologize for the misinterpretation, Giuseppe. It now, of course, makes perfect sense. Thank you for clarifying and for sharing your information with us.

Em
Em

Postby ejd » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:28 pm

Thank you Muddoni.
ejd

Learn Italian to qualify?

Postby Anonymous » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:34 am

Will I have to learn Italian, to qualify for Italian citizenship? I thought this only pertained to Immigrants. Anyone know about this, and when did it become effective?
Anonymous

Re: Learn Italian to qualify?

Postby ejd » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:17 pm

Lele wrote:Will I have to learn Italian, to qualify for Italian citizenship? I thought this only pertained to Immigrants. Anyone know about this, and when did it become effective?

The way I read this latest information that Muddoni provided is that, as of now, they are merely thinking about it and exploring the idea. No official decisions have been made. Therefore, it's still business as usual (that is to say, no language test yet) for jure sanguinis.
ejd

Postby ejd » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:18 pm

Angiolo wrote:Lele, NO, you WILL NOT have to learn Italian, to qualify for Italian citizenship, as you are already an Italian citizen. You are correct that it only is for immigrants. There has never been even a suggestion made by any Italian politician to have this, so where in the world did you get such a rediculous notion? I hope not from the liars on these forums.

You would be more helpful Angiolo if you would just respond in a factual manner instead of hurling insults (i.e. accusing people of lying).

By the way you keep forgetting the most important part in the Government program:

Here's what Muddoni provided:
Muddoni wrote:"...now we are working, incorportating different political perspectives, on an hypothesis that I think merits to be explored in depth. That is, to subordinate such recognition to basic knowledge of Italian."

(from the webpage of the ministry of foreign affairs)

'Recognition' refers in Italian to the jure sanguinis method.

Now, lay out the specifics of where you disagree. Show the Italian, then show exactly where your translation differs from his and why. That's something that would be helpful to the folks here. As someone who is still too far back on the learning curve with Italian, this is the kind of information that I would find helpful and I'm willing to bet others would too.

Accusing people of lying with no evidence to back up your claim doesn't bring you very much credibility. Prove it.
ejd

Postby Anonymous » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:51 pm

Angiolo, let ejd and Em believe a test is being considered. You have already said all you need to say, and you have already shown the correct translation of the article. Let them believe what they will and we can just make sure that innocent Italians like Lele, are not infected by their lies.
Thank you
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:01 am

Where you get it???
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:02 pm

what in the world is this? sounds like trash coming from someone on another forum. This website is a great one. too bad it has to contain the garbage.
Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:29 am

Angela, apparently there is a controversy about whether an Italian citizen (jure sanguini) will have to take a test on the Italian language and culture, as part of the requirements of gaining their citizenship.
Anonymous

Re: IMPORTANT new citizenship law will require Italian test

Postby Bencio » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:47 am

Hi. I would like to ask a rather dumb question: for those who have already a passport and have had their Italian nationality recognized, is there any danger regarding the knowing - not knowing of the language? or, in other words, could they be subject to such an Italian Language test upon renovation of their passports. Although I am presently learning Italian, I don not know if I could pass a test already. Thanks in advance for your response.
Bencio
Bencio

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous