Discovery atlas: Italy

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Discovery atlas: Italy

Postby Joe Diorio » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:39 am

did anyone see the special on the discovery channel about italy? well the show is about italy and its customs, from modern day to ancient times and it basically covered all of italy. the show was amazing and it makes me even more anxious to attempt to get Jure Sanguinis. that country is beautiful and its people are so amazing and i want so bad to be apart of it. i hope that IGCS finds my great grandfathers birth certificate in Italy so that i can apply for citizenship. im taking Italian in college in hopes that i can move to italy when i graduate and begin my life in my family's old. if anyone gets the chance, watch the show, its really amazing.

Joe
Joe Diorio

Postby Anonymous » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:49 am

Yes, I saw it Joe. I wanted to see the Palio for a long time now, and soon I will. They seemed to focus on sporting events like the diving, mountain climbing, palio, and race car. That is fine, but I was hoping to view more scenes of Italy, like parts I have not seen before. all in all, it was a good program. I liked the scenes of venice and the Gondola. They did show and mention about the wine. I am surprised at something she said. She said that Italy was the largest wine producer in the world. I always knew they were great producers, but I actually thought France was the largest producer, as that is what was said on a program about France.
I can relate to the food at noon time and how employees take off for a couple hours. Here, I am lucky if I get a half hour lunch period on many jobs..
Overall, I already experienced life in Italy, and hated to leave when I did. It will not be long, and I will be there. just waiting for them to register the documents in the comune. as for the language, it is good to learn some before going to Italy. However, it is best to learn in Italy, not the US, simply because in Italy, you would be around all Italians. you really can`t speak Italian in the US, as hardly anyone knows it. but in Italy, you would be FORCED to speak it.
Anonymous

Postby Joe Diorio » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:08 pm

yes the Palio is a fasanating tradition. While i knew that italy still had some of their traditions, i did not realize the extent to which they have preserved their customs in this modern era. i have nothing against the U.S. it is also a great country, however ever since i was young, i had this passion for italian culture, i was proud to be italian. I pray that they find my great grandfathers italian birth certificate so that i can begin the process that will take me to italy forever.
Joe Diorio

Postby Anonymous » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:17 pm

Joe, you may want to contact the comune as another option. but, as you are in the US, the time difference is 6-8 hours ahead of US. I am 7 hours difference than from the last town I lived in.
I feel so sorry for Italians not being properly represented in the US, and having to wait forever, just for one document. I am trying to alleviate that problem with my own services. but, that is not for awhile
Anonymous

Return to Miscellaneous