Waiting time for Los Angeles?

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Waiting time for Los Angeles?

Postby gbrent » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:09 pm

So I called to setup an appointment in Miami and they said it would be one year. So I asked about Los Angeles as I am a resident of California and they said they could get me in in 2 weeks!!!! So I am thinking about flying out to LA for the appointment.

With that said, I also read somewhere on this forum that once someone submitted their documents during their appointment, it took them a year to get their approval letter. Is it taking everyone that long to the the approval letter or is that just Los Angeles?

Thanks for your help
Brent
gbrent

Re: Waiting time for Los Angeles?

Postby azsumrg1rl » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:41 pm

You must've gotten a cancellation. I set up my appointment with the LA Consulate in August and the earliest available date was November. I've heard similar stories since. Lucky you!
azsumrg1rl

Re: Waiting time for Los Angeles?

Postby nfig1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:42 pm

I've heard 8 months or even sooner if you've got an important reason, such as a job waiting, etc. I guess you will find out at your appointment exactly how long. Let us know. But even if it is a year, that's not too bad considering what it could be elsewhere.
nfig1

Return to Embassies and Consulates