Referencing A Relative's Citizenship File?

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

Referencing A Relative's Citizenship File?

Postby terminus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Another thread on this forum got me thinking about this whole issuing of referencing a relative's succesful citizenship recogniation file number.

I applied succesfully in Miami, where only direct line birth and marriage records are required. However my cousin will be applying in Boston where you are supposed to have non-direct line records, as well as death records. The lady in Miami told me my relatives could reference my Miami case number, but I wonder if that only impacts those papers on file.

Assuming that we share the same GGF and GM in the direct line, will Boston require documentation for their spouses, along with their death records? Or will they only require her to document her father/mother and her own birth?

If so, this could be a problem b/c my GGF's death record is all messed up, and even accessing a legal copy from NYS will be difficult.

Any insight would be appreciated.
terminus

Re: Referencing A Relative's Citizenship File?

Postby zagnut » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:45 am

"Assuming that we share the same GGF and GM in the direct line, will Boston require documentation for their spouses, along with their death records? Or will they only require her to document her father/mother and her own birth?"
You'd need to ask Boston consulate.
zagnut

Return to Embassies and Consulates