Italian Citizenship Lawyer in Toronto or Montreal?

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Italian Citizenship Lawyer in Toronto or Montreal?

Postby alaurin » Sun May 20, 2007 10:22 pm

Hello. I am new to the group. I have been trying to get my Italian citizenship for several years now. I am a little tired of the process and I am finding that I am told one thing one time, then another, another time.

I was thinking about hiring a lawyer to represent me. Has anyone had success doing this? Could someone provide me with a referral?

Thanks in advance!
alaurin

Postby Em » Wed May 30, 2007 1:41 pm

Sorry, duplicate post.
Last edited by Em on Wed May 30, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Em

Postby Em » Wed May 30, 2007 1:43 pm

I don't know how much a lawyer will be able to assist you. If you definitely qualify, it's usually not a problem obtaining the necessary documentation.

If, however, you are unsure about your eligibility for jure sanguinis or if you haven't the time to handle this independently, a lawyer may be helpful. I did notice a thread on the www.expatsinitaly.com site that discusses this issue. You may want to explore it.

Before you go through the expense of hiring a lawyer, however, it may be wise to determine the strength of your application. Since you have been getting different answers from different people, yours may be a complex situation. If you don't mind sharing your information with the members of this forum, someone may have experience with your situation.
Em

Return to Miscellaneous