G1041 or G1041A USCIS processing results?

Determine if an ancestor was ever naturalized and, if so, discuss your consulate's requirements for proving this.

Moderator: Daniel

G1041 or G1041A USCIS processing results?

Postby jlg » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:10 am

I express mailed the G1041 and a G1041A (threw a guess on the C-file number from my NARA copy) for the first day.

I set the index search for electronic and the certificate for postal. <edited from 'Now'> *No* results after one week.

Anyone else with data points?

-JLG
Last edited by jlg on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jlg
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Just Outside Boston, MA

Re: G1041 or G1041A USCIS processing results?

Postby matta » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:44 am

jlg wrote:I express mailed the G1041 and a G1041A (threw a guess on the C-file number from my NARA copy) for the first day.

I set the index search for electronic and the certificate for postal. Now results after one week.

Anyone else with data points?

-JLG

Is that "now results after one week" or "no results after one week"? If it's the former, that's really impressive.

I had two letters with confirmed delivery on Friday (I didn't pay to express ship them). It's only been 3 business days, so I'm not holding my breath.
matta
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:12 am

Postby jlg » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:47 pm

Yeah I typoed that. It should read no results (not a 'No result') after (just) one week.

Just getting ahead such that people will chime in when they start showing up.

-JLG
jlg
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Just Outside Boston, MA

Postby matta » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:02 pm

jlg wrote:Yeah I typoed that. It should read no results (not a 'No result') after (just) one week.


Dang. You got my hopes up. :lol:
matta
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:12 am

Postby matta » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:52 pm

I got two letters of no record today!

So it took 2 weeks for the new system. I'm at 8 months and counting for the old system.

Now to mail off for the certification of non-existence.
matta
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:12 am

Postby Tiffany » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:05 pm

That's great news!!!
Tiffany
 
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:21 pm

Postby jlg » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:24 am

Good on ya matta!

I'm still waiting, three weeks to the day and nothing either electronic (index request) or via mail (record request).

-jlg
jlg
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Just Outside Boston, MA

Postby valentinaroan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:32 pm

It's been exactly three weeks as well for me as well, and nothing so far. However, they said it would take 6-8 weeks, so I'm not to concerned...yet :wink:
valentinaroan
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: Connecticut, U.S.A

Re: G1041 or G1041A USCIS processing results?

Postby dbartone » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:48 am

jlg wrote:[u]I express mailed the G1041 and a G1041A (threw a guess on the C-file number from my NARA copy) for the first day.[/u]

I set the index search for electronic and the certificate for postal. <edited from 'Now'> *No* results after one week.

Anyone else with data points?

-JLG

Hey, All: A point of clarification: Does the G1041 form require a C-file # as part of the request? The form itself doesn't ask for that, though I thought I read that the G1041A may involve such a number.
dbartone
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:10 am
Location: Maine

Re: G1041 or G1041A USCIS processing results?

Postby matta » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:02 pm

dbartone wrote:
jlg wrote:[u]I express mailed the G1041 and a G1041A (threw a guess on the C-file number from my NARA copy) for the first day.[/u]

I set the index search for electronic and the certificate for postal. <edited from 'Now'> *No* results after one week.

Anyone else with data points?

-JLG

Hey, All: A point of clarification: Does the G1041 form require a C-file # as part of the request? The form itself doesn't ask for that, though I thought I read that the G1041A may involve such a number.


No. The G-1041 is a request for a search to see what they have. I'm sure it can't hurt if you have the number, but it's not required.

The result from the G-1041 lists all the files they have and their "internal file numbers". Then you file a G-1041A for the files you want from the G-1041 results (using their internal file numbers). Then they look up those files and mail it to you.

You could try to go directly to a G-1041A if you have the C-file number. The "internal file number" for my GGF's A-file was just his alien registration number, so it's very likely that their "internal file number" for the C-file is just the C-file number. But they won't refund your money order if you're wrong (I asked).
matta
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:12 am

Postby jlg » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:56 pm

valentinaroan wrote:It's been exactly three weeks as well for me as well, and nothing so far. However, they said it would take 6-8 weeks, so I'm not to concerned...yet :wink:


Another week, another mailbox of nothing. This is 4 weeks for my two firstday express-mailed requests.

-JLG
jlg
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Just Outside Boston, MA

Postby matta » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:00 pm

jlg wrote:
valentinaroan wrote:It's been exactly three weeks as well for me as well, and nothing so far. However, they said it would take 6-8 weeks, so I'm not to concerned...yet :wink:


Another week, another mailbox of nothing. This is 4 weeks for my two firstday express-mailed requests.

-JLG


It's probably because you have a record, whereas I had no record found. They probably have a second level of approval before the letters with records are sent, to make sure someone doesn't get someone else's file.

Hopefully it's on it's way :)
matta
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:12 am

Postby valentinaroan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:43 pm

It's been four weeks for me too, and I've got nothing. But Dad sent his Index search request 4 four weeks ago as well, and nothing for him, either.
valentinaroan
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 8:50 pm
Location: Connecticut, U.S.A

Postby 3rd3rd » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:00 pm

Just curious, did you all request email reply or postal reply?
3rd3rd
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:28 pm
Location: Illinois

Postby jlg » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:51 pm

I requested email on the index search and postal on the certificate.

I gave them everything they need, the oath, petition and certificate; court , dates, and numbers. Copies of the NARA stuff. They only reason I am going through this exercise is because Boston won't accept solely a NARA copy.

I am sure there is some reason like I gave them *too much* information or something silly like that.

-JLG
PS: Honestly if this was for me and not for family members I would have shelved it last spring. I am just really down about the whole thing, it is too the point how I dread family gatherings because people ask "How is the Italian Citizenship going? When will it be done?" Every time is like being punished for even mentioning it.
jlg
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Just Outside Boston, MA

Next

Return to Naturalization

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron