Frustration with ICGS translation service--Any tips?

General.

Moderator: Daniel

Frustration with ICGS translation service--Any tips?

Postby jmvuocolo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:02 pm

I placed an order for four translations in July of this year. Paid through PayPal. See the charge to my credit card the same day as order. Pay the bill. But to date have heard nothing from ICGS except the robot response that we will get to you when we can.

I am a bit frustrated at this point.

Any one have this experience and how do you deal with it?

Jeanette
jmvuocolo

Postby Giacomo729 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:50 pm

I had the same problem. I t had submitted translation requests in July....and by September I was still wiating, so I followed up with them via email and was told the person in italy was on vacacation and that they would be happy to refund my payment thru paypal, which is what they did immediately.
so I would suggest contacting ICGS or PayPal and begin the process of having them credit you. Then, ask your consulate for a list of possible local translators.
Giacomo729

Postby Larry » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:45 pm

I had a long wait too but they came through in the end. They will do them, it just takes a while.
Larry

Postby zagnut » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:02 am

Four months seems unreasonable. I'd get the refund and try someone local. Or you could email them to one of the translators at http://www.expattalk.com/eve.
Should only take a couple of days .
zagnut

thanks

Postby jmvuocolo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:25 am

Dear Giacomo, Thanks for your reply. Where you able to find a phone number and/or name of U.S. contact at ICGS?

Giacomo729 wrote:I had the same problem. I t had submitted translation requests in July....and by September I was still wiating, so I followed up with them via email and was told the person in italy was on vacacation and that they would be happy to refund my payment thru paypal, which is what they did immediately.
so I would suggest contacting ICGS or PayPal and begin the process of having them credit you. Then, ask your consulate for a list of possible local translators.
jmvuocolo

thanks

Postby jmvuocolo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:26 am

Larry wrote:I had a long wait too but they came through in the end. They will do them, it just takes a while.

Dear Larry, Thanks for your reply. How long did you have to wait and by what means did you finally hear from them? A package in the mail? An email saying we are working on it?
jmvuocolo

Postby Larry » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:35 pm

It took three months and I received an email from Donald with the translations as pdf attachments. I also received the notarization for free b.c of the long wait.
Larry

Postby jmvuocolo » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:17 pm

Larry wrote:It took three months and I received an email from Donald with the translations as pdf attachments. I also received the notarization for free b.c of the long wait.

Thanks, Larry. It gives me a sense. Just got his email from someone else, so I will write Donald and hope to hear from him soon.
jmvuocolo

Postby Larry » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:20 pm

Good luck. He is a nice guy just seems really busy.
Larry

Happy to report that I received the four translations

Postby jmvuocolo » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:27 pm

Hello All,

Many thanks for your help in getting me to Donald Mclean. Last week I received the four translations and an unexpected refund.

I am sharing what Donald wrote in case there is anyone else like me out there:
"We shut down our translation services many months ago, and all related email should have been forwarded to me automatically. Unfortunately, it was not, but when our email server got full recently, I happened across your emails while I was sorting through what needed to be deleted.... "

Jeanette
jmvuocolo

Postby Larry » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:32 pm

Not too bad in the end then?
Larry

Return to Miscellaneous