SF Appointments -- April 2011?

Share information about your experiences with the citizenship department of a particular Italian (or other) embassy or consulate.

Moderator: Daniel

SF Appointments -- April 2011?

Postby duronia » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:01 pm

I sent an email today to get an appointment with the San Francisco consulate. I received an automated email, stating that as of 17 they are booked for citizenship by descent until April 2011.

I had thought that there was an approximate 6 months wait for an appointment. Has anyone heard of such a long wait to get an appointment? I am concerned that a two year process is going to take four years!
duronia

Re: SF Appointments -- April 2011?

Postby jgenduso » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi duronia,

I requested my appointment late June and they set one for me for April 5, 2011. So it seems that's the going time frame right now.

Joseph
jgenduso

Postby marciatrouton » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:30 pm

Yes, this is true they are stretching out the appointments so they can get through the backlog. They are almost through it and those who have had their appointments recently are getting their letters in record time. So if you consider that some of us have waited two-three years since our appointment because of the backlog, you will still be on target because it won't be four years but a little under two years probably because once your papers are in it will be a quick turn around hopefully because they are keeping current. If it is any consolation it will give you time to gather all your documents and make sure you have everything organized and now that I have my letter and passport it seems like only yesterday that I applied. Marcia
marciatrouton

Postby Cynders » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:09 am

I too recently requested an appointment -- mine's July 7, 2011. I'm encouraged by what marciatrouton posted and hope it's correct!

In bocca al lupo! Cinzia
Cynders

Return to Embassies and Consulates